TITLE: Research Associate (Level II)
DEPARTMENT: Assay Development
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Manager
Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform experiments in the lab to develop a test suitable for use in a clinical lab, or submission to the FDA for 510(k) clearance, depending on the specific test and the needs of the company.
- Create SOPs and other manufacturing documents.
- Prepares reagents for use in the lab by following SOPs.
- Run Genalyte’s Maverick™ instrument and troubleshoot problems.
- Reformat the output of the Maverick™ into a format suitable for further analysis, and perform some analysis.
- Work in Excel to analyze data under the direction of the Lab Manager or Director of Research and Development.
- Present scientific findings to management in the form of presentations and written reports.
- Regularly exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals.
- Contribute to project process within scientific discipline through innovative research.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Keep extensively documented lab notebook.
- May participate in external seminars and scientific conferences.
- Demonstrate full understanding of and the ability to analyze data.
- Apply established principles, theories and concepts in area of responsibility. Projects may require familiarity with current scientific literature together with the capability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within generally defined practices and policies.
- May train other individuals on SOPs and other lab procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, quality systems, and procedures.
- A BS in a scientific discipline with biochemistry, chemistry and/or molecular biology labs.
- 2-5 years experience working in a biochemistry or molecular biology lab, with a minimum of 2 years in industry highly desired.
- Well versed in general laboratory and assay development procedures such as pipetting, gel electrophoresis, column chromatography and ELISA.
- Experience with coupling antigens to beads or familiarity with in vitro transcription and translation procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
To apply please e-mail Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.