TITLE: Engineering Intern (Temp – PT/FT)
REPORTS TO: R & D Engineering
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following as assigned:
- Performs engineering testing of newly designed products; documents and analyses results.
- Performs CFD analysis of microfluidic channels to refine flow profile, velocity, and channel shape. Uses 3-D CAD software to modify geometry and optimize flow performance.
- Provides input into Verification & Validation test plans.
- Follows cGMP and ISO requirements.
- Assists with prototype fabrication.
- Build test fixtures containing mechanical & electrical hardware, set up computer monitoring.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintains a professional attitude when communicating with Genalyte personnel or external vendors/ customers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- College degree (ME) or minimum of three years college study in related field
- Proficient with SolidWorks and PDM Works
- Knowledge of GD & T and tolerance analysis
- Ability to read and understand detailed instructions, manufacturing procedures and drawings.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment and wear appropriate gowns, hair nets, mask and gloves.
- Ability to use equipment such as microscope, soldering iron, mechanical and electrical assembly tooling and fixtures, adhesive dispenser, tweezers, crimpers, cutters and other hand tools.
- Ability to understand basic manufacturing methods.
- Ability to demonstrate good teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply please e-mail Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com