Clinical Lab Scientist I (CLS)
TITLE: Clinical Lab Scientist I (CLS)
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Lab
REPORTS TO: Clinical Lab Manager
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following as assigned:
- Independently perform clinical laboratory procedures and tests necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of patients, as per physician’s orders.
- Follow quality control procedures necessary to assure the accuracy of test systems and results prior to releasing such results.
- Use or operate a variety of routine and specialized clinical laboratory instruments and equipment in the collection, processing, description, and analysis of specimens.
- Perform proficiency testing according to the proficiency testing schedule.
- Perform preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Perform as phlebotomist when needed.
- Work from broad policies and on general objectives, referring specific matters to a supervisor only when interpretation or clarification of policies is necessary.
- Serve as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established safety standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serve and protect the clinical community by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Clinic standards.
- Enhance laboratory services and clinical reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain logs and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, quality systems, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), meeting the minimum required coursework in biological science, chemistry, microbiology, hematology, immunology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, and physics; and recommended courses in parasitology, and clinical chemistry.
- 1 – 3 years of related generalist experience. Immunology testing experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy ability to comply with department needs and expectations.
To apply please e-mail Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.