Clinical Lab Manager
TITLE: Clinical Lab Manager
DEPARTMENT: CLIA Lab
REPORTS TO: Direct to Director of Medical Operations and indirectly to the Chief Medical Officer
Responsibilities include the following:
- Independently perform clinical laboratory procedures and tests necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of patients, per physician’s orders.
- Review and enforce the quality control procedures necessary to assure the accuracy of test systems and results prior to releasing such results.
- Review quality control of clinical assays.
- Use or operate a variety of routine and specialized clinical laboratory instruments and equipment in the collection, processing, description, and analysis of specimens.
- Review preventative maintenance and control logs of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Write and maintain laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintain CLIA, CAP, and other appropriate accreditations or certifications needed for the laboratory.
- Enforce company policies and safety regulations. Review and recommend improvements to Chief Medical Officer about lab procedures.
- Serve as technical resource by participating in staff training; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identify and communicate with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the physician, NP or PA, and nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Enforce that corrective actions are taken and documented, whenever significant deviations from the laboratory’s established performance characteristics are identified.
- Test, document and ensure that proficiency test samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Enhance laboratory services and clinical reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform and supervise tasks related to research and clinical trial studies.
- Recruit, manage/supervise, train and oversee CLSs, MLTs, and/or Phlebotomist or Laboratory Assistants.
- Work with all departments to create and/or modify methods and procedures to ensure that appropriate processes and/or products are developed.
- Serve and protect the clinical community by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and clinical standards.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, quality systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field
- Licensed by the state of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), meeting the minimum required coursework in biological science, chemistry, microbiology, hematology, immunology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, and physics; and recommended courses in parasitology and clinical chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years of generalist CLS experience
- Strong knowledge of CLIA regulations and regulatory procedures
- Working familiarity with CAP certification and proficiency programs
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively and efficiently and be accurate, and attentive to details
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
To apply please e-mail Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.